A lot of discussion either offline or online is being held among students regarding a piece of news that states that year 2017 onward a Common Written Exam will be conducted by National Career Service (NCS) for the posts of Group B and jobs of similar cadre. It strongly indicates that from 2017 we won’t be witnessing a regular SSC CGL exam now onward.
What’s in the air?
- A letter with proposal of conducting a Common Entrance or Selection Exam for all government jobs comes in circulation.
- Logo of NCS can be seen on official website of SSC.
- Plus, a news article gets published in a Hindi daily from Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
Although none of these confirms that NCS is really going to conducted the exam yet we cannot straightaway deny the possibility of scrapping SSC CGL or other similar exam conducted by UPSC in coming future.
The Do’s (What should you do as a student?)
- We strongly recommend here to wait for the official news by a government body so that the picture gets clearer.
- Do not be worried about which body’s going to conduct the exam because it’s not even in your control. What you must do is to keep your preparation high with utmost dedication. We understand that news like this distracts but if you keep thinking about the changes you tend to lose your precious time of preparation.
- Instead of exams, keep your absolute focus on gaining command over the subjects or topics of importance because no matter what the syllabus or exam pattern for a level is not going to vary much.
The Don’ts (What shouldn’t you do as a student)?
- Do not just keep wasting your time waiting for official update on SSC CGL 2017. Instead, keep yourself prepared for the exam, whether it is conducted by SSC or NCS.
- Do not get scared or demoralize yourself even if a change occurs. Nothing much is going to be changed. If a change is brought in, it would benefit us in the long run.
- Do not believe in any news article shared through Whatsapp, Facebook or other social media. Apply your own brains.
We hope it helps.
You may also read another similar article by Smartkeeda here.